New Offering this Wednesday May 6th at 7:30 p.m! Thanks to new member, Rob Peterson, FCO members have been invited to join the Long Beach Casting Club’s Wednesday Night Fly Tying Forum via Zoom
If you would like to join, email Shirley Sakaguchi (firstname.lastname@example.org), and she will add you to the distribution, and copy Mark Flo (Res049nn@gte.net), who runs the meeting, so he knows how many to expect. Wednesday’s fly is a Biot-Backed Stonefly (BBS). The materials required, and a link to an on-line tutorial, are below, as is the Zoom information. Mark can work with anyone who is unfamiliar with Zoom.
Here is the recipe from Wayne Sakaguchi and Zoom info for next week’s Fly Tying Forum on Wednesday, May 6 @7:30pm.
Biot Backed Stone Fly (BBS)
- Hook: size 10-6 Streamer, nymph, or jig hook
- Gold bead tungsten bead, 3.3 or 3.8mm
- Camel or brown thread 8.0
- Lead/lead free wire 0.025
- Hareline D-Rib. med. golden stone or brown
- Dubbing ginger
- Shellback and Wing Case, brown goose biot
- Legs: rubber brown life flex
Here is link to the Tactical Fly Fisher’s tutorial for reference and materials: